Coeur en acrylique
You have done everything to make your husband Cave of your friends envy, but you still crave something more. Something that will give your dedicated sports room an extra touch of awesomeness that no one else has thought of. Perhaps all you need is now an enlarged hand-painted logo of your favorite sportsman who puts on the wall. You may have heard that other Man Cave owners have to use expensive high-tech projectors and other equipment to achieve this, but there is another age-old method of magnifying images that the masters used centuries ago. Even better, the method that I will cover in this article does not require any equipment other than a tape measure and a level.
What you need
The first thing you need to start the project is a copy of the logo that you want to enlarge and reproduce. Fortunately, it is easy to find a good copy of your team logo as to search for your "team name" + logo in your favorite searcher's image search function. An enormous case of getting pictures from the web is that most web graphics are pixelated and grainy. Try to find an image that is relatively large (measuring about 700 to 800 pixels in either width or height) so it will be printed clearly. Also, you want to make sure that the image you are using does not have a busy background. Gradients, patterns and other distracting background parts can make it harder when it comes time to reproduce it on the wall. Thankfully, the internet is full of places where you can find high versions of the team's logo.
When it comes to your painting line, consider using brushes of different sizes; larger to cover larger areas of color and less for details and black contours. Be sure to download some color that matches the colors of the logo as well.
Finally, you want a measuring tape, a level and a yard pin to build a grid on the wall.
Use the grid method
The grid method has been used by artists for centers to enlarge and transmit images on other drawing surfaces. Don't worry if you're not technically inclined. this method is very simple.
1. First, you need to print the logo on a plain sheet of paper. Make sure there is some white space around the edges of the image on your print.
2. With a ruler in the white space surrounding the image, you want to draw a box around the logo. To make the next step as simple as possible, you should round the height and width of the box to the nearest inch.
3. Then create a grid filled with one inch in one inch squares in the box.
4. Now draw a larger corresponding grid on the wall where you want the logo to go with your pen, level, tape measure and measuring tape. Try different scales on paper before you commit to one. Calculate what the dimensions of your logo would be if you made your grid from 6 to 6 inch boxes (or 8 with 8 inch boxes) instead and see if it fits into your assigned space on the wall.
5. When you have your grid on the wall, grab your pen and start transferring the logo, box for box, from your little grid to the larger grid. If you find it difficult to get the lines and curves in a particular area, simply draw extra lines on your small grid and on the wall to give you more reference points.
6. All that remains is to paint over your pen and to fill in the colors of your logo. Be sure to go back and compare your work with the logo on your little net to make sure things are still right and look good.
Hand painting a huge team logo on your wall as this is an extremely fun and rewarding project to do and makes your Man Cave even more personal than before. The best thing about doing this type of project yourself is that not only will your results be truly unique, but your friends will scratch their heads and try to figure out how to do it.